Attending your appointment via video
2. Appointment notification
You will receive a text message and/or email from the healthcare provider confirming that the appointment has been scheduled at a particular date and time. The sample text message and email are given below:
3. Test Call
You will receive another message and/or email five minutes before the scheduled appointment time, which contains a secure link for the video call along with a PIN.
Click on the link and allow the browser to access your camera and microphone when prompted, to start your test call. A snapshot of Safari camera and microphone access request is given below:
After you allow the camera and microphone access, you will see two videos of yourself on the screen (as shown in the image below) one of which will be replaced by healthcare provider’s video in the actual call.
4. Enter Waiting Room
After testing your system, you can enter the waiting room by clicking on ‘Enter Waiting Room’ button on the screen (circled red in the image below).
After you enter the waiting room, the healthcare provider gets a notification that you have arrived also gets an option to join the call. The video call gets established when the healthcare provider joins the call from their end.
5. Controls on your own video transmission
Mute You can click on the microphone icon given on the menu bar to pause the audio transmission from your end. Click on it again to resume the audio transmission.
Settings You can change the microphone, camera and speaker settings by clicking on the settings icon given on the menu bar in the video. These options allow you to select the appropriate microphone, camera and speaker.
Chat You can click on the chat icon given on the menu bar to open the chat window, through which you can exchange private messages with the healthcare provider or share public messages with all the participants in the case of a multiparty call.
Refresh video call If you encounter an issue with the audio/ video transmission during the video call, try refreshing your screen by clicking on the refresh icon given on the menu bar in the video.
End call If you want to end the video call due to any reason, you can do so by clicking on the end call icon given on the menu bar.
Note: Please do not refresh the browser window during the video call as it will immediately stop the video transmission and you would be prompted to enter pin code to re-join the call.
6. General Instructions
- Provide consent to camera and microphone access when prompted by your browser (the video is not recorded anywhere). This usually appears when you click on the video link shared by your healthcare provider.
- Ensure that the Wi-Fi is not being used by others for heavy usage (e.g. for Netflix, YouTube, PlayStation, Xbox or others).
- If you exit from call due to some reason and you want to join back, you can do so by clicking on the video link again (and entering the PIN code if asked) if the healthcare provider has not ended the call from their end.
- Be mindful of your surroundings to ensure you incur little or no disturbance during your video call.
- We recommend logging in 5 or 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment time to ensure you can connect successfully and carry out any necessary audio/video checks.